Thursday, May 14, 2020

Remember what God has done

"I will remember your great deeds, LORD; I will recall the wonders you did in the past." Psalm 77:11 NLT

Does God Care if I'd Rather Sing Worship in My Car Than at Church?

Like many runners who had all their races cancelled because of the COVID-19 pandemic, I'm enjoying the memories of past events that pop up on Facebook. For me, remembering what fun each race was and how the Lord gave me the strength to complete them brings a smile to my face. I've seen pictures of former ultra runs, trail runs, and even group runs with friends. Just yesterday, in fact, the finish line photo from the 2012 St. Louis Marathon popped up along with my post, "Finally got pics back from the St. Louis Marathon. 3rd times the charm. Best run in St. Louis ever, praise God." I'd say it was a good run. I not only qualified for the Boston Marathon that day but had my kids and mother there to greet me at the finish line. Oh how good memories can raise a person's spirit. 

And you know, good memories do more than just raise a person's spirit. They remind us that God can be trusted. You see, remembering the many ways God has been faithful to us in the past inspires us to trust Him with our future which gives us hope for today. And hope, or the confident expectation of what God has promised will come to pass, is the very thing that will strengthen our faith and sustain us through any trial or difficulty we are facing now or will ever face hereafter. 

So no matter what trouble you might be experiencing today my friend, choose to remember the "good deeds" the Lord has done in your life and then choose to recall the "wonders" He has performed in the past. By doing so, you’ll find that God is more than able to carry you through any storm and more than capable of being faithful to the end. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a God who can be trusted always. Not one of your promises has ever failed and none of them ever will. Help us to recall all that You have done when we are anxious about the day or about the future so that we would trust You in all circumstances. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment