Wednesday, April 22, 2020

He is our Rescuer

“What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.” Matthew 10:29 NLT

He Sees The Sparrow - Well Christian Woman Blog

One of the things I love most about Spring and warmer weather is that my daughter, Hope, and I can resume our nightly walks. Not only do we laugh and share things about our day as we get in our steps but we share a fascination of cows. And thankfully there’s never a shortage of these animals as our favorite route goes through land owned by a major cattle company. We just love watching cows! So you can imagine our dismay when we came upon a young bull recently with his head hopelessly stuck in one of their many cast iron fences. “We have to tell somebody,” my daughter said. “He needs help!” Thankfully though we didn’t have to walk very far before finding one of the overseers of the ranch. And this cattle farmer, upon being alerted, immediately came to the rescue as Hope and I watched, amazed at how he quickly, firmly and confidently grabbed the cows head, twisted it just right and pushed the cow back to where it belonged. Turning to us, the farmer grinned, shook his head and said, “You know, cattle really are stupid animals.”

And you know who else is really stupid? Us! We are always getting ourselves into trouble by sticking our heads where they don’t belong. Am I right? Even the most faithful Christian can attest to this. Thankfully though, our Father never has to be alerted to our state of trouble. He always knows. In fact, the Bible tells us that “not a single sparrow falls to the ground without” Him knowing it. And since you and I can be sure that God considers us much more valuable than "two sparrows," we can be confident that He will always be there to rescue us.

So if you have already accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, count yourself blessed my friend. You can rest in the knowledge that you are rescued and forgiven. But if you haven’t, right now is the perfect time to say, “Lord, I need You. I’m scared. My life is a mess and I can’t fix it on my own. I believe Jesus died for my sins and You are my only rescue. Please come into my heart and help me today.”

Heavenly Father, thank You for being the God of second, third and millionth chances. Thank You for never giving up on us and for rescuing us time and time again. Please remind the person reading this today that thinks they could never be forgiven for the things they have done, that You are a good Father who will forgive even the worst of sins if a person would only repent and accept You as their Savior. Thank You for loving us that much Lord. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Rescue Story - Zach Williams

* If you prayed that prayer today, don’t stop there. Reach out to someone who can help you in your walk with the Lord. Call a local church and tell them about your decision to follow Jesus.You can reach out to me as well. I’d love to talk to you! Your new life has just begun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment