Sunday, April 12, 2020

Because He lives

"The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay." Matthew 28:5-6 NIV

Easter 2018 - Faithlife Sermons

Setting out for my run Saturday morning, I quickly checked the forecast and decided on wearing shorts and a long sleeve shirt. "How ironic," I thought to myself, almost laughing, as I read the back of the shirt I just happened to grab out of the drawer of many. It said in bold letters, "Hi there... ask me what race to run next!" Shaking my head, I couldn’t help but think back to the time I had received the shirt as an ambassador for the St. Louis marathon a couple months ago, never imagining that a virus would cause the race I was set to ‘run next’ to be canceled (along with hundreds of other races). But who could ever have dreamed that a virus would cancel and/or change the plans of every person in the entire world without exception?

And you know what? I truly don't know what race I will ‘run next’. And neither do you. In fact, there is not one person on the face of this earth that can plan the next hour, day, month or year with any certainty right now. But thankfully there is one thing you and I can be one-hundred-percent certain of... because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ you and I celebrated yesterday, we have absolutely no reason to fear the future. Everything that we "are looking for" can be found in the Savior who "has risen, just as he said." 

So, "do not be afraid" of what tomorrow holds my friend. Because He lives we KNOW our lives and our eternal futures are secure. That truth cannot be canceled, changed or postponed because, without a shadow of a doubt, the resurrection proved it. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for Jesus' death and resurrection that paid the penalty for our sins and gave us hope for eternal life. Help us to look to You for everything we need Lord and to trust You no matter how uncertain the future may look. Cause us to remember that You are working all things out for our good and for your glory no matter how it might appear. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment