Sunday, August 25, 2019

Offer the recommendation

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.'" Acts 1:8 NLT


Image result for women talking in store pic
After spending more time than I should have (because the morning was so beautiful) stretching in the park after a long run Saturday. I knew I would have to get in and out of Wal-Mart quickly if I was going to be on time for an afternoon movie date with my family. But when I got to the tuna aisle and saw an older woman seemingly frustrated at having so many options to choose from, I felt the urge to stop and help. "This tuna is the best I've ever eaten," I said as I showed her the can I was adding to my cart and the shelf where more could be found. "It's a little pricey but well worth it." And you know what? Based on my short and sweet recommendation, the lady smiled and thanked me as she grabbed two cans and then continued shopping. 

And you know, while most of us find it easy and worthwhile to take the time to recommend things to others we consider worth purchasing such as food items, clothing and running shoes, how many of us are taking the time to tell others about Jesus? Sharing the good things He has done for us and recommending they make the choice to follow Him as well? And if you’re saying to yourself, “Well it’s the Church's responsibility to spread the Good News,” consider the words of Jesus my friend. "And you (that literally means You!) will be my witnesses (that's a command), telling people about me everywhere (that literally means Everywhere!)..." 

So in a world that’s in desperate need of a Savior, let us make the decision to be bold witnesses by simply and unashamedly telling the lost about the reason we chose to follow Christ and why they follow Him too. After all, if we don't tell them, who will? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that telling others about You is not merely a suggestion but an order and a call to action. Lord, in a world that is growing increasingly more hostile at the mention of the name of Jesus, help us to be bold Christians willing to profess our faith in our homes, in our neighborhoods, on our jobs and everywhere You send us. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment