Sunday, April 14, 2019

Seize the opportunities

"We blossom like a flower and then wither. Like a passing shadow, we quickly disappear. " Job 14:2 NLT


Related image
Seven weeks ago Kate Ward says she wanted to start running again. But when a friend told her about the eight-week Couch to 5k class that I would be teaching she said she didn't want to go. After giving it more thought though, Kate said, "I had a laundry list of other things I could have been doing. But, it stuck in my mind, eight weeks from now would I be saying, 'I wish I would have done that or stuck with it.'" And guess what? Kate stuck with the program and posted this over the weekend, "Next week marks eight weeks and the end of our training, and I am already able to run longer than I have in years."

And you know, I have no doubt that Kate would indeed have regretted not seizing the opportunity to begin training for a 3.1 mile race. After all, eight weeks of her life were going to pass by anyway right? And since life is short and slows down for no one, you and I would also do well to do the things the Lord has called to today that we might not have to live with regret, or disappointment over a missed opportunity, either. 

So I wonder, what has God called you to do that you haven't done? What dream has He placed on your heart that you have yet to act on? Whatever it is, don't waste another moment in doing it my friend - because as Job so surely knew, "like a passing shadow, we quickly disappear." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that life is indeed fleeting. Help us to grasp the seriousness of that so we would not put off until tomorrow the things You are calling us to do today. By your strength, may we make the most of this new day You have blessed us with. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment