Sunday, April 7, 2019

He knows your name

"The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out." John 10:3 NLT


Related image
Blessed to have been given the job of greeting athletes exiting the early-morning shuttle buses that were dropping them off near the start line of Sunday’s Go St. Louis Marathon, I was overjoyed to see that many of the participants I hoped to encourage had bibs with their names on them. So knowing how happy it made me when strangers unexpectedly called me by name, I began doing it to as many runners as I could. "Good morning Susan! You're going to have a great race! Nice to see you this morning Michael! Today is your day! High five Laura! You’ve got this!” And you know what? Each and every runner that I called by name smiled back at me. There's just something special about someone knowing your name. Don't you think?

But you know what's even more special? Knowing that God, the Creator of the universe, knows each one of our names. And no matter how alone you and I may feel, we're not just a number or another face in the crowd to Him. We are individuals who matter. Our problems matter. Our worries matter, and our feelings matter. In fact, you and I matter so much that He speaks to us intimately and individually to encourage and restore us when the trials of this world weigh us down. 

So if you're thinking God doesn't care about what you're going through today, think again my friend. You truly matter to Him and if you'll listen for His voice, He will personally tell you so.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that no matter how unworthy, downcast or abandoned we might feel, You truly love us, call us by name, and care about every intimate detail of our lives. Help us to see ourselves as you see us that we might live lives of purpose and joy, free from the lies of the devil. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment