Sunday, February 3, 2019

Remember to say thank You

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service." 1 Timothy 1:12 NIV


Related image
On January 28, Camille Herron, one of the most accomplished ultrarunners in history, was on her way to work in Oklahoma City when she was involved in an accident that left her trapped inside her car hanging upside down, afraid she might suffocate to death. Thankfully though, she was quickly rescued and suffered no major injuries. After this brush with death though, Herron claimed to be even more appreciative for her health and said, "I feel like I dodged a bullet. I’ve had accidents on trail races, but to have a non-running type of accident, I feel very blessed with the way things went and the way that I’m able to come away with it..."

And while near-death experiences certainly have a way of making us more appreciative of the things we have, shouldn't you and I be thanking God every day for our blessings? Shouldn't we, like Paul in his letter to Timothy, be taking the time to say, "I thank Jesus Christ our Lord..." and then name those things one by one that we are grateful for? Of course we should! And I’ll start... I thank you Jesus for my health. I thank You for my home, my job, my friends, and my family. I thank You for allowing me to serve You. I thank You for my salvation and I thank You for the many other ways You bless me each day. 

So let us not wait for a brush with death to say thank You to our Lord and Savior and the Giver of all the good things we have in this life. Let us thank Him today and let us start right now. 

Heavenly Father, I am thankful that You allowed me to see another sunrise. Not only does that mean that I have another day to serve You but I have another day to sing your praises and plant seeds of love and encouragement in this world. Until my dying day Lord, let me live with thankfulness in my heart and words of praise on my lips. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Thank You - 33 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment