Tuesday, February 26, 2019

True comfort

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3 NLT


Image result for binge eater pic
"I've been obese since I was 6 years old," Amanda Valentine told POPSUGAR. Now 36, she said, "I knew nothing about nutrition for most of my life, and I'm an emotional binge-eater. I eat to celebrate, I eat when I'm upset, I eat when I'm stressed . . . I basically use food to comfort me in all situations." The situation was it its' worst in 2011, Amanda recalled, when she was looking to food for comfort so often that she would hit several drive-thrus on the way home and then eat everything so there would be no evidence. 

But you know Amanda isn't alone. There are millions of people everyday that look to food for comfort. In fact, Binge Eating Disorder is the most common eating disorder in the United States and is seen among all age groups, genders, races, and income levels. Which makes a person wonder why? The truth is this... apart from God, a person will never find true and lasting comfort in any “thing” no matter how much of it they consume. He is the only unchanging consolation in times of hurt, trouble or worry and the only faithful giver of strength and hope in times of grief, sorrow and despair. He is the only solid rock on which you and I can always stand. 

So if you're in need of comfort today my friend, don't look anywhere but up. Because it's only there that you will find the true and lasting freedom from the pains, burdens and distresses of this world that your heart so long desires. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that true comfort can only come from You. Unlike the world, You never change and You are always by our side. Help us to look to You rather than the things of this world to calm our fears, ease our pain and strengthen us to press on in the midst of tough times. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I look to You - Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment