Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Be the one God uses

"Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God." 1 Samuel 23:16 NLT


Image result for runner looking at phone picAfter a rough week and an even rougher battle with a mean stomach virus over the weekend, I was feeling drained physically, emotionally and spiritually as I struggled to get through my early morning run Monday. Realizing I just didn't have the strength to do it, much less make it through the busy day ahead of me, I slowed down to a walk and tried to hold back the tears that were welling up inside. At that very moment, as I began praying for strength and comfort, my phone alerted me to a text message, and looking down I saw this... "Thinking of you this morning. Prayers my friend!" Oh Lord! You love me so much and You are so very good to show it!

And you know what? The Lord loves each and every one of us and will go to great lengths to show it, many times using others to tell us so. Consider the story of David who was so loved by the Father that he was considered a man after God's own heart. When David was being relentlessly pursued by Saul and in desperate need of encouragement, the Bible tells us that "Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God." I have no doubt those words restored David's spirit and gave Him the strength to press on. 

So today, if you feel the Spirit nudging you to pick up the phone and call someone, do it my friend. If you feel led to send a text or email, send it. And if you feel prompted to personally go and encourage someone to stay strong in the faith, go! You might very well be the person God is using to deliver His message. And you can be sure that your words will bless the one that receives them. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You love us so very much. So much, in fact, that You will do whatever it takes for us to know it at just the right time. May we be those people who don't hesitate to encourage one another any time You place it on our hearts, knowing the words you prompt us to speak could make all the difference in someone's day. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Prize worth fighting for - Jamie Kimett

No comments:

Post a Comment