Thursday, February 14, 2019

Let your joy overflow

“We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, "What amazing things the LORD has done for them.’” Psalm 126:2 NLT


Image result for joyful runnersAs my family and I were driving to Texas yesterday for the 2019 El Paso Marathon, I asked my son, Luke, who was registered to run the half-marathon, “Are you sure you don’t want to run the full with me again?” “Oh no,” he replied laughing. “I’m good.” I smiled as I thought back to 2017. He and I were approaching mile 17 of the marathon when he stopped to walk and said, “You make this look so easy Mom because you’re always smiling and laughing. It’s not that easy!” To which I replied, “I know son. But if I went around with a frown on my face and complaining, no one would want what I have.” 

And just what do I have you might wonder? The joy of the Lord my friend. The inexpressible, uncontainable, unshakeable joy of the Lord. A joy that has the power to fill me with laughter no matter where I am or what I might be going through. A joy that gives me the strength to push through when times are hard. And it’s this unexplainable source of delight that compels me to proclaim the “amazing things the Lord has done” for me. You see, not only did Jesus forgive me of my sins, but He gave me a new life, a new purpose and has promised to be with me, even to the end of the age

And you know what? Each and every believer has this same cause for overwhelming joy. We have all been forgiven and given a new life. Do you realize how “amazing” that is?? So smile today my friend. Laugh for no reason that others might see your joy and come to know “the amazing things the Lord” has done for you and can do for them too. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the joy Your presence has placed within every believer. May this joy overflow in us that others might feel Your love, want this same joy for themselves, and accept you as Lord and Savior of their lives. It’s in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Joy - Planetshakers

No comments:

Post a Comment