Tuesday, February 12, 2019

In His time

"Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." 2 Peter 3:8 BSB


Related image
Training for a 100-mile race takes a lot of time and energy. Add in all of life's other obligations and a person can soon feel overwhelmed and in need of some rest. Such was the case with me recently. I was tired to the point of complete exhaustion and overly anxious about getting everything ready in time to head out of town for a race. Oh Lord," I prayed silently. "I really need an extra day off." And you know what? Not even five minutes later, a coworker came by my office and said, "Now remember we get Tuesday off for Lincoln's birthday." To say I was all smiles was an understatement. 

And while I love when God answers my prayers immediately, many times He doesn't. My prayer for the perfect job at the perfect time took nearly two years until it was answered and I can't even recall how many years I prayed to be part of a running ministry that would reach others before the Frog Fitness Group came to be. The point is this... "with the Lord a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a day." God knows exactly when our prayers need to be answered and He works in His time, not ours. 

So if you've been praying for something or someone for what seems like an eternity, take heart and don't give up my friend! Praise the Lord while you wait on His perfect timing and find peace knowing God most definitely hears the cries of His "beloved." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You know exactly when our prayers need to be answered. And while we may not understand the hesitation sometimes. help us to not give up on the people or situations we are praying over. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

While I'm waiting - Travis Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment