Sunday, February 10, 2019

Our Church

"All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayer." Acts 2:42 NLT


Image result for worship service pic
Anxiously looking forward to my morning run to prepare myself for worship yesterday, I rose early to read my Bible before heading out the door. "Oh no," I thought to myself before even stepping off the porch. "There's ice everywhere! Not only will I have to witness the sunrise from inside on the treadmill but I might not be able to make it to church." And just the thought of not being able to spend time with my church family nearly brought me to tears! Thankfully though, the temperatures rose quickly enough for the roads to clear in time for my daughter and me to make it to the second service. 

And while many people might have welcomed the chance to stay home, I always welcome (and crave) the chance to be with fellow believers. You see, I know these meetings with like-minded individuals are absolutely essential in my walk with Christ. In fact, it's crucial for every believer to "devote themselves" to, or steadfastly and consistently continue, meeting for instruction in the Word "and to fellowship." It's the very thing that allows you and I to form bonds with other Christians who will help us to stay devout, passionate, purposeful and committed to following the Lord. We absolutely need these relationships!

So resist the urge to forego these times of teaching, fellowship, sharing in meals, and prayer with fellow believers my friend. You will soon find that the more you associate with people who share your love for Christ, the more you will devote yourself to these meetings and so reap the benefits of gained knowledge, stronger faith, and a deeper love for the Lord and one another. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for my Church family. Throughout the years, they have served to teach, encourage and motivate me to grow closer to You and to fulfill the calling you have placed in my heart. Help us to truly realize the power that comes from being a body of believers and to make every attempt to meet together as often as possible. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Our Church - Time Neufeld

No comments:

Post a Comment