Thursday, March 29, 2018

We have reason to rejoice

"The sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn down the middle. Then Jesus called out in a loud voice, “Father, into Your hands I commit My Spirit.” And when He had said this, He breathed His last." Luke 23:45, 46


Image result for good friday pictures
After yet another dark, dreary and wet morning run yesterday, I headed out to check some errands off my to do list, starting with exchanging the loaner car I was driving for mine. "This weather is really starting to depress me," said the lady at the service desk as we exchanged keys. "Tell me about it," I replied. "I can't recall a longer period when I haven't seen the sun." In fact, it has been steadily raining for so long now that all of the rivers are flowing out of their banks and 'cloudy with a high chance of rain' has become the normal forecast. Thankfully though, the sun is predicted to finally come out today. And for that, I, and many others, will be rejoicing.

Speaking of rejoicing, do you realize that today is Good Friday? And while that day more than 2,000 years ago might have appeared to be the darkest and most depressing day the world had ever known, history shows that the Son eventually came out... out of the grave that is. You see, after the "sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn... Jesus called out.. and then breathed His last." And with that, all hope for the world was lost. That is, until three days later when it was discovered that the tomb was empty and Jesus was alive. 

Did you get that? Jesus is alive! Our Lord and Savior rose from the grave to conquer death forever. That means, regardless of the weather, you and I have a reason to rejoice.  So let us do that very thing today... let us rejoice!

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of salvation through the sacrifice of your Son. It's hard to fathom a love so great, especially towards people who were so unworthy to receive it. May we grasp the enormity of the reason we celebrate Easter and rejoice in the day that You have made! It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Hallelujah for the Cross - Newsboys


No comments:

Post a Comment