Tuesday, March 13, 2018

This is who I am

"And the result of God's gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man's sin. For Adam's sin led to condemnation, but God's free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins." Romans 5:16 NLT

Image may contain: 1 person
Michael Murtaugh, 52, admitted that meth, cocaine and alcohol addiction nearly ruined his life and credits running and a renewed relationship with Jesus for saving it saying, "Running is the greatest feeling in the world-that runner’s high you get after you break the first wall, it’s like shedding away your skin and gaining strength." Of trading his old life for a new one he said, "When you look at my gravestone, it’s going to be a story that brought hope to the world. It will say, ‘this is who I was, this is what I did, and this is the result. I’m a good husband. I’m a good father to my son. A good employee. Good to my dogs.”

Do you realize that each one of us was a slave to our sin before we accepted Jesus as our Savior and traded our old life for a new one too? And that means we all have a story of hope to bring to the world. A story of how one man's sin "led to condemnation" but one Man's sacrifice on the Cross led "to our being made right with God." And because of that "free gift" of redemption, each one of us can now proclaim, "This is who I was, this is what I did. But this is who I am NOW, because of what Christ did. I'm forgiven and free!"

And knowing that we are forgiven and set free is truly the greatest feeling in the world, isn't it? So won't you share your story that you might inspire someone else to trade their old life for a new one today? After all, it's never too late for anyone, no matter what they've done, to do that very thing. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of forgiveness and freedom that is a free gift to everyone who calls you Lord. May each one of us be bold in sharing our story of redemption with others so they might have hope and come to know you as their Savior. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Born again - Newsboys


No comments:

Post a Comment