Sunday, December 27, 2015

No exchange needed

"God's way is perfect. All the LORD's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection." Psalm 18:30



As he does every year for Christmas, my husband bought me (what he thought were) a pair of my favorite running shoes. Since my preferred model has been the same for the last five years, you can imagine his surprise when I told him that I would have to exchange them. Noticing his puzzled look, I explained that although they used to be the perfect shoe for me, the company recently changed its design and they were no longer the same to which he replied, "I wonder why they do that."

Frustrating as it is, I suppose they do it in an effort to improve the shoe. But when something is "perfect" I would prefer it to stay the same. And when it comes to perfection, there is only One who remains the same yesterday, today and forever... Jesus Christ. Psalm 18:30 tells us that "God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection." Unlike other religions and gods that change constantly in an effort to achieve perfection, God was, is and always will be perfect and his Word unchanging. 

Isn't it great to know that, in this ever-changing world that's always promising newer and better things, we never have to exchange his promises for something better? Because there was, is and never will be anything better. "All the Lord's promises prove true."

Heavenly Father, thank you for being the same yesterday, today and forever. What a priceless gift it is to know that you will never change, that your promises are true and that we can put 100 percent faith in your Word. Thank you for being our true shield and protection in a world that makes false promises and claims that there is something better.  It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Jesus the same - Israel & New Breed





No comments:

Post a Comment