Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Turn up the heat

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!" Revelation 3:15


Wow! This weather is crazy. Here in the Midwest we are experiencing record highs for December while still having cold mornings. And in my vain attempt to dress appropriately for the changing conditions, I've found myself either freezing my fingers off or sweating to death on my early runs. While I'm certainly enjoying this uncertain weather pattern, I can't help but think it would be much easier if it would stay either hot or cold, one or the other.

Revelation 3:15 also talks about temperature... the temperature of the heart. Like the church in Laodicea that lost its passion and zeal, countless believers today have become superficial and unproductive. By not taking a stand for anything, being indifferent to sin and only halfheartedly following Christ, many of us who claim to be followers are really only "lukewarm" Christians. But Revelation 3:15 says, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot, I wish you were either one or the other!" You see, it is not enough for you and I to say we believe, we must take action. We must be one or the other!

What would you rate your temperature today? Are you on fire for God or have you let yourself become lukewarm? Don't settle for following God halfway. Let's turn up the heat and be passionate Christians who are living for Him each and every day.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the many blessings you have given us. I'm afraid many of those that say they believe in you have become lukewarm or cold Lord. Help us to be on fire once again that we might be the spark that lights the fire of others. What a change we could make in this world if we all lived out what we believed, stood up for what was right and followed you with our whole heart. Help us to turn up the heat Lord. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

CatchaFire - Toby Mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfQi6GFZYFw

No comments:

Post a Comment