Thursday, June 5, 2014

10 reasons to run

10 reasons to run

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31



Photo: This is what people are going to say about you! You have worked hard for your goal and you will own it!
Yesterday was National Running Day. Runners from all around the United States blogged, chatted, posted and bragged about their miles.  I, myself, had a very wet 7 mile run as I ran from home to the Auto Shop to pick up my van.  My husband loves that I can single handedly drop off (run home) and pick up (run back) our vehicles when they need serviced.   I guess that makes me a multitasker of sorts.

While most times I run for the sheer joy of running, there are other times when it's a necessary task-the times it's needed to clear my head, adjust my mood or to reconnect with God.  No matter the reason,  every run is a blessing.  To simply have the ability to put one foot in front of the other for miles and miles is a testimony to the power of Christ in my life.  While thousands of other people run for the same reason, there are as many other reasons why people run as there are runners.  In honor of the "day after National Running Day" (yes, I made up that new holiday),  here are a list of 10 reasons you should consider running if you haven't already:

1.  Running improves your health.
2.  You can lose weight.
3.  You can run for a cause.
4.  You can meet new people through running.
5.  You can experience something new and different
6.  You can train for a specific goal.
7.  Running improves your energy levels.
8.  Running will help you feel good about yourself.
9.  Running is versatile and inexpensive.
10.  Running can help with stress relief.
 (running.about.com/od/benefitsofrunning/tp/reasonstorun.htm)

If you simply hate running and you wouldn't do it if your house was on fire, you are in great company too (I'll introduce you to my husband).  Taking a brisk walk several times a week can reap substantial benefits.  Just keep moving forward and growing-physically and spiritually.  And, as in all blessings in your life, give God the glory for every step and every breath-whether that be 1 step or 1000, thank Him.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the air in our lungs and the life in our bodies.  Help us to remember that this life is but a vapor and our time is limited.  Give us an urgency and boldness to be a witness to others as we live our lives, whether on the racecourse or at home.   In all we say and do, let us bring glory to your Name. It's in your precious name we pray Father, Amen.  

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org

Your love makes me want to give my all-Ready, Set, Go-Capital Kings


No comments:

Post a Comment