Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It will be provided

It will be provided

" Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”  Genesis 22:13-14


Today as I was running one of my favorite routes, I was reflecting on how my life has changed in the last 10 years-about the time I got serious in my search for God and who He was.  So many thoughts passed through my mind as different smells and sounds awoke a new recollection. Memories flowed as I recalled praying  for my friend on this road who was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and then praying for a another friend after a motorcycle accident (which was fatal), praying for my family during hard times and so many other things.  That's what I do when I need to feel His presence... I run.

Nine years ago, my daughter Hope (aka Hopee), was born.  Someday I'll tell the whole story, but for now, I'll just tell you that she was born sick.  Very sick.  I loved her from the moment I saw her but knew that getting through the first few months would be tough.   There was a day that I was so mentally, physically and spiritually tired, I really just wanted to crawl up into a ball and cry.  Since that wasn't an option, I decided to go for a run.  I needed God like I never had before and I needed Him NOW!  Within two miles of my run, He was speaking and I was listening-so intently that I stumbled and fell on the hard country gravel ripping the knees clean out of my pants and bloodying my hands, forearms and elbows.  That was the moment He was waiting for.... I was broken.  I had nothing more to give.  All my strength was gone and I had no choice but to trust His plan.  As I sat there in the middle of the road, my head between my knees and my arms wrapped tight around myself, I cried so hard and fast that I couldn't control it.

I can not explain how deeply I felt His presence then, the warm comfort of His nearness, as the tears stopped and a new peace washed over me.  I knew everything was going to be okay.  I knew it because He told me so.  I knew it because I had given it all to Him.  What a blessing it is to be broken.  I understand now why Abraham built that altar.  He knew it was going to be okay too and he wanted to remember that moment and that special place where God showed His presence.  While I can't build an altar on that country back road, I can praise Him for the blessing that day and the many more that followed.   He is truly worthy to be praised.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your presence in our lives when we need You.  We are so undeserving and yet You still love us.  That's amazing love.  We can't thank you enough for it.  May we remember the times you rescued us and forever praise you for them.  In your precious name Jesus.  Amen.

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1obeb3A9c
I want to run to you with heart wide opened.  Make me broken-Sidewalk Prophets


No comments:

Post a Comment