Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Let them see You in me

Let them see You in me


"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."  Romans 12-2


I am always amazed when I walk up to someone I know, greet them and have them ask, "Do I know you?". I usually have to grab my hair into a ponytail and tell them to imagine I'm in running clothes.  Invariably, I hear, "Oh yes, I'm so sorry.  I didn't recognize you in regular clothes".   This just so happened to me yesterday as I was grocery shopping and got me to thinking.  If I'm inconsistent on my outward appearance making me unrecognizable at times, am I inconsistent on my inward appearance as well? 

Our outward appearances are bound to change, the aging process alone does that.  And circumstances and weather dictate the clothes we wear, the hairstyles we have and our general image. Most times our attitude can change the way we look as well.  While these things are mostly out of our control, the condition and appearance of our heart is not.  Colossians 3:1-2 instructs us to, "set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."  If you want to be like somebody, you watch them right?  The same is true of Christ.  If we want to be like Him, we have to know Him.  We have to set our "hearts and minds on things above."  

It's by watching and then following His example that people will see Christ in us.  Ephesians 5:1-2 says, "Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children  and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  But, the only way to follow God's example is to know His example.  You can't do that without reading the manual.  Open up His word and let Him speak to you today.  Then, regardless of how you look on the outside, the love of Christ will always show through you.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your example of how to love people.  I pray that others will see You in us as we love them unconditionally as You first loved us.  May we be transformed and have our minds renewed as we set our hearts and minds on you.  In Your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.  

Happy running!!!
www.team413.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOg-1JjAdGk

Let them see you in me.   Let them hear you when I speak.-JJ Weeks Band



No comments:

Post a Comment