Wednesday, May 18, 2022

There is joy in His presence

“You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11 ESV


Like most runners, I felt like winter lasted forever and was super excited for the added sunshine and warmth I knew would accompany Spring. I absolutely love running outside right now! And as I changed out of my running clothes early yesterday morning after a glorious run filled with praise and worship that left me smiling from ear to ear, I couldn’t help but laugh knowing that my love of Spring running was beginning to show. “It’s painfully obvious that I have been spending time in the sun,” I thought to myself as I laughed. My new leg tan began where my shorts ended and stopped at my ankle socks, my left wrist has a one inch white stripe where my Coros watch sits and my shoulders show off various tank top and sports bra lines. All this combined with some new freckles popping out on my face say to the world, “This girl has been spending time outside.” 

And you know, while our physical appearance can certainly send a message to those around us, so can our spiritual attitude; attitudes that benefit from spending time with Jesus. You see, without Jesus our happiness is dependent on our circumstances which will cause us to have mood swings. When things are going good, we’re happy—when life doesn’t go as planned we’re not. But as the psalmist declared, “in your presence there is fullness of joy.” And the best part? You and I can be in Jesus’ presence at all times because the Holy Spirit lives inside us, which means we can remain joyful at all times and in all circumstances. Not just joyful though, but over-the-top exuberant, bubbly and cheerful. Do you just love that or what? 

So don’t limit spending time with Jesus to a Sunday service or your early morning runs my friend. Continually stay in His presence at all times through prayer, mindful gratitude, and meditation, continually conversing with Him as you would a friend. This will bring you so much joy that people can’t help but say, “That person has to be on fire for Jesus! There’s no other way they can be that happy.” 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that fullness of joy is only found in You. Thank You also for making the path of life known to us Lord and for the eternal pleasures that await every believer. Cause our hearts to overflow with this unexplainable joy to the point people not only know we’ve been spending time with You but want to spend time with You as well. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment