Sunday, August 15, 2021

Be found abounding


“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 15:58 NKJV



As I arose at 4:30 am Saturday morning, I knew it was going to be a long day—beginning with leading out the 6:00 am Bass Pro Marathon Training group and ending around 10:00 pm after setting up and directing the HFPC Battle of the Bands event (that was scheduled from 2-9 and would include praise and worship bands that would be battling for prize money to benefit their Addiction Recovery programs), loading up afterwards and then making the long drive home. And while the thought of working a function like that after running nearly 20 miles might be daunting for most people, it had this person smiling for three reasons... I knew that I would be doing it all for God’s glory, I knew that people would be impacted by the words of the testimonies and the songs they would hear, and I knew (without a single doubt) that the Lord would give me the strength to do whatever He had called me to do that day. He always does.

And you know, while the Bible tells us that we are to be “always abounding in the work of the Lord,” many of us limit our work and service to Him to what we think we can handle comfortably—something that negatively impacts the influence we, as the church (and God’s church is not a building or a denomination) are having on this world. But the truth is this... God’s power is infinite. He can and will give us the strength, resources, and ability to do any job He has called us to do. That means we aren’t working in our strength but His, and can therefore handle anything we are called to do.

So dare to do big things my friend. Dare to step out and say, “Lord use me to do your will. I will do anything you ask of me because I know you will provide everything I need to do it. Use me aboundingly to heal hearts, to change lives, and to influence the lost to seek You.” And then step back, let Him use you, and prepare to be amazed.

Heavenly Father, thank You for commissioning us to make disciples of all nations and then giving us absolutely everything we need to fulfill that calling. Compel us to work with all our might, recognizing that the days are short and knowing that our "labor is not in vain in the Lord." It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment