Thursday, September 17, 2020

Share your testimony

“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he has redeemed from trouble” Psalm 107:1-2 ESV

Several weeks ago while running a 50k with some of my crazy ultrarunning friends for fun, we discussed some of the newest “must-have" products on the market for long distance running like hydration powders, gels with natural sugars and the newest GPS watches. “I can’t believe the battery life of this GPS watch I recently switched to,” my friend Ed said before giving us a full and detailed review. In fact, Ed’s testimony was so persuasive and genuine - after all, he had acquired firsthand knowledge that obviously excited him - that I decided to purchase one of the watches for myself. And I wasn’t disappointed. It was everything he said it would be. 

And you know, our testimonies, as you can clearly see, have a lot of power in influencing another person’s decision to do something. Just this week, for instance, I had two people tell me they had purchased the shoes I recommended and said it was just what they needed. But it’s my testimony of the goodness of Jesus Christ that I like to share and recommend the most. You see, there is nothing any person needs more in this world than to accept Jesus as their Savior. Which is why each and every person “whom he has redeemed from trouble” (that means you and me) needs to be sharing their story of redemption every chance they get. 

So no matter what your life looked like before Jesus came along and made it new -whether it was good, bad or even downright ugly - “give thanks to the Lord” and “say so!” Make it your mission to share your firsthand knowledge of the goodness of God that someone else might seek Jesus because of your persuasive and genuine testimony.

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that many times the best way we can lead others to the foot of the Cross is by our testimony. Help us to be unashamed and bold in sharing how You changed our lives Lord. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment