Monday, September 14, 2020

Not right now

"The eyes of all look expectantly to You, And You give them their food in due season." Psalm 145:15 NKJV

One Step to Living at Peace With Ourselves, God and Others – Jeni Martin  Johnson
 "A few weeks back, I was supposed to run a virtual 50k with some friends on the Frisco trail. Between the heat and my nerve pain issues, I only completed 28 miles. I've spent the last few weeks praying, working on my nutrition input while running, and my overall strength. I am happy to say that God was with me today... Hit mile 31 just as my watch reached 2% battery. I guess it's time to buy another watch if I am going to run the 50 miler in November. Thank you to God for the glorious time today." Those were the words written by my dear friend, Rachel, upon completing the goal she had set for herself several weeks ago. And do you know what I love most about this? Rachel didn't see her DNF (Did Not Finish) from “a few weeks back” as a 'no' from God but as a 'not right now.' 

And you know, as believers, there will be many times in our lives when we will experience 'not right now's’ as well; times when the desires of our heart will not be granted as we want them to be. And as much as we want our prayers to be answered in our time, we would do well to remember that God's timing is perfect. In fact, the Bible tells us that the Lord gives us what we need in "due season" or at the appropriate time. Until then, you and I are to "look expectantly to Him" knowing He will use these waiting period to refine us, to grow us, to develop our patience and endurance, and to make us more aware of our need for Him. 

So if you're in a time of waiting, take heart my friend. "In due season" the Lord will give you exactly what you need. Until then, look up and be encouraged!

Heavenly Father, thank You for being the God of all wisdom that knows what we need and when we need it. Cause us to remember that our faith grows when we wait on and hope in You and for that we should rejoice. Help us to trust You during these times Lord. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Look up child

No comments:

Post a Comment