Thursday, September 10, 2020

Do not waste any more time

"’Come, follow Me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” And at once they left their nets and followed Him.” Matthew 4:19-20 BSB

Your Data Science Journey Kickstarts Here | by Arunn Thevapalan | Towards  Data Science
Upon glancing out the window and deciding there was enough light to avoid getting out my headlamp for my early morning run yesterday, I headed out the door. But after passing the last house on my route with a streetlamp, the road in front of me soon got dark and I knew I had made a mistake. "Oh my," I thought. "I'll just have to slow way down and bide my time until the sun rises." And by the time that happened, I looked at my watch to see that I had lost some valuable minutes over the course of the first two miles. Knowing I had a meeting later that I couldn't be late for, I said to myself, "You better hurry up girl if you're gonna get this done. You have to make up for that lost time."

And you know, when it comes to time, do you realize that it’s impossible for a person to get back the time they spent on meaningless pursuits or engaging in destructive or selfish habits and behaviors? In fact, the only way anyone can avoid wasting another moment on things that don’t matter is to leave their old life behind "at once" and start a new and better one; something Peter and Andrew did when they surrendered their old lives to Christ, which was a choice they never regretted. You see, with their new lives devoted to Jesus, Peter and Andrew became “fishers of men” rather than mere fishermen and spent the remainder of their days setting the world on fire for Christ. 

So if you’re at a point where you’re saying to yourself, “I’m not happy with the way I’ve lived my life. I’ve done nothing that truly matters,” then follow the example of Peter and Andrew my friend. Drop your nets at once, follow after Jesus with your whole heart and watch what He can do through the new you. I promise you won't regret it. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a God who can redeem our pain and wasted days. If there’s someone reading this that needs a new start and a new purpose, I pray this is the day they would choose to say, “I’m leaving my old life behind to follow you Jesus. Teach me to fish for men that I might serve You all the days of my life." It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!


What if I gave everything?


No comments:

Post a Comment