Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Use your voice

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25 NIV

Cheering on the runners!... - Virginia Spine Institute Office ...
Many times while working, I will wear cordless headphones so I can listen to Christian music or podcasts streamed from my phone; something I was doing Tuesday when I received the notification that my friend, Jamie Jones, had gone live. Clicking to the page, I nearly cried as I listened to her play the piano while singing praise songs from her back porch. As other people clicked on, I just knew that their hearts were being refreshed as well. "Oh how I wish I had a voice like that," I said to the Lord the next morning while out running and meditating on the situation, "I would use it to encourage people the way she did." And then I heard Him say to me, "Melissa, you may not have a voice like that but you do have a voice. Use it to encourage others in the ways that are unique to you." Something you can be sure I did by immediately posting my own live video about God's faithfulness in my life. 

And you know, we all have unique platforms, testimonies, stories and talents that we can use to encourage one another. In fact, the Bible tells us that we should "consider how we may spur one another on..." And if consider means to think about and be drawn toward a course of action, then each one of us should be looking for ways to use our individual platforms, testimonies and talents to give support, confidence or hope to our brothers and sisters—especially now as we "see the Day approaching" and know that many of them are struggling with doubt, uncertainty, depression and anxiety. 

So don't wait for the 'right time' to share your testimony with others or to use your talents to lift their spirits my friend. Pray instead that God would open your eyes to the everyday opportunities around you to do it and then seize them! After all, you may never get a second chance and you most likely will never know the impact your words or actions had on someone else this side of heaven. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that believers are called to encourage and uplift one another, especially in these last days when it's becoming harder to stand for the Truth. Help us to be bold and unashamed in doing whatever it is You lead us to do or say that would serve to strengthen and restore the hearts and spirits of our church family.  It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


1 comment:

  1. ❤ God uses you so sweet, my friend! We all need each other and to encourage each other in the Lord. 🙂

    ReplyDelete