Sunday, September 22, 2019

Take me back

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." Jeremiah 29:13,14 ESV


Image result for person praying pic

in an article recently posted by Runner's World Magazine, Jordan Smith wrote, "Let’s face it: logging mile after mile can get to be a lot. Maybe you’re training for a fall race or chasing a PR and it’s not clicking, then a day turns into one month where you’re zapped of your energy—suddenly, you’re in a slump. So, what do you do when something you once loved suddenly turns into a chore?" You change the scenery of course was one answer followed by set a goal, run for fun, rely on friends, take a break, find joy in cross-training, treat yourself to new gear, and my favorite... remember why you run. 

And you know, running isn't the only place you and I might experience a slump or downturn in our performance or attitude. Sometimes we can experience slumps, or times we feel distant from the Lord, in our prayer life as well - making prayer feel more like a chore or an item on our to-do list rather than the awesome privilege or special right we have to come before the Father. Thankfully though, getting through those slumps is as simple as urgently seeking the Lord. You see, when you and I seek to find the Lord and restore our relationship with Him, He will always bring us back. 

So if you've found yourself in a spiritual slump today, take time to pray, "Father God, please take me back to the place I first met You and rekindle the love I once had for You." After all, as Harry Emerson Fosdick wrote, "The man who misses the deep meaning of prayer has not so much refused an obligation; he has robbed himself of life’s supreme privilege – friendship with God.”

Heavenly Father, thank You for being such a patient God and a God that will always take us back. Help us to truly understand that so we might know that You are the best friend we could ever have. Oh Lord, rekindle our love for You and set it ablaze so that others would see the way we shine and be drawn to You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment