Thursday, September 12, 2019

His Name is worthy

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17 NIV



Upon crossing the finish line of the Katy 50/50 50-mile race Saturday, the race director came over and congratulated me. "Great job," she said looking down at my bib with a handwritten 5th medal designation in the corner. "I'm so sorry, you registered late and you're fifth on the waiting list to get a medal."Oh no," I said smiling. "I don't need a medal. It's okay." Looking truly upset, she said, "No really, if there is one left after the race is over, I'll gladly mail it to you." "It's really okay," I insisted. "That's not why I did this race. You can keep it or give it to the next person in line." 

And you know what? I truly didn't participate in this race for any award or special object of commemoration - I did it because I truly love the Lord and felt called to run it in his Name. You see, the Bible tells us that whatever we do, "whether in word or deed," to "do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." That means our every utterance and our every pursuit should be done as an act of worship motivated by our relationship with Jesus and a deep desire to lead others to the foot of the Cross.

So whatever God has called you to today my friend, whether it's taking care of a family, waiting tables, teaching in a classroom, running a race, or serving in the military, do it with thanksgiving on your lips and with the intention of bringing fame, prestige and honor to his Name. After all, his Name is the only Name worthy of our total commitment and praise.

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a God worthy of nothing short of our complete and total commitment. As your representatives in this world, help us to be a light that leads others to You as we glorify You in all we say and do. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Worthy of Your Name

No comments:

Post a Comment