Monday, September 30, 2019

He remains faithful

"if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13 BSB


Image result for faithful God pic
Day after day my neighbors' dog Whiskers (a cute little brown mutt) shows up on my porch well before dawn to see if I'll come out for a run. And while most mornings I do take off from home and run with him before heading into work, there are many days I either cross train or drive into town to run leaving poor Whiskers all alone, staring as I drive away. But you know what? My unfaithfulness to this sweet canine never affects his faithfulness to me. I can always count on him to be there waiting for me. 

And you know, as faithful as this sweet puppy is, there is some One who is much more faithful and that some One is Jesus Christ. You see, as much as I hate to admit it, there have been times in my life where I have felt utterly faithless. Times when I struggled to understand the reasons 'why' certain things were allowed to happen and times when I even questioned the Lord's existence. But you know what? Even in those times when I felt faithless, God remained faithful. That's just who God is. And, thankfully for you and me, He will never change being that way “for He cannot deny Himself.”

So in those difficult times when you seem to have no faith left, take heart my friend. God not only knows what you need but is by your side and ever faithful to provide it. He will never leave you alone and is always waiting to take you back--something you can always count on.  

Heavenly Father, thank You for sticking by our side in those times when we turn away. Forgive us for our times of unbelief Lord and remind us once again of your faithfulness. Help us to stay faithful at all times Lord. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment