Sunday, July 2, 2017

Never forget

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me." Psalm 103:2

Image result for running medals pic

"Every medal tells a story. Every medal is wrapped in sentiment". Those were the thoughts expressed to describe the sadness Andrea Able, a 33-year-old resident of San Diego’s Pacific Beach neighborhood, felt when the bin containing more than 100 of her running and triathlon medals was stolen last week. It seems, in the busyness of moving, she set down the rubber bin that contained them by her car to rush back upstairs to retrieve the bin's top, returning only moments later to find that the bin was gone. While several of the medals have been either found or replaced, Andrea is still missing more than 70 saying, "I know that these are "just things" but all of my races are done in memory of my dad so this is a crushing, crushing blow." 

You know, I can empathize with Andrea as I know that every medal indeed has a story to tell. In fact, I often refer to the medals I have been blessed to earn as individual testimonies - tangible things that tell a unique story of God's grace displayed in my life. With each and every one I behold, I can smile as I recall the "good things" he did during that specific time - things so good that I never want to "forget" them. You see, since I have never crossed a finish line without him, each medal is a testimony to his faithfulness and love for me. Through easy races and PRs, he was there giving me the strength to run well and through the difficult and downright impossible races, he was there too... giving me the strength to trust him and press on.  

So in the words of David, "Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me." I hope that you will choose to remember and reflect on the amazing things he has done for you today as well, and then join me in praise. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the many blessings you have provided to each of us. Help us to recall your goodness daily that we might be encouraged to keep running the race with endurance knowing that you will be by our side. May all that we are praise you as we tell others of the many good things you have done. You are worthy of all glory and honor. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

In Christ alone will I glory - Brian Littrell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfYZgxV3g4w

No comments:

Post a Comment