Tuesday, July 4, 2017

I am clean

"Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the LORD." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone." Psalm 32:5


Image result for person praising in rain pic

Yesterday morning I had the pleasure of participating in a Color Run 5k with my daughter and some dear friends. Designed to be 'fun for the whole family', we took our time walking through the paint stations to ensure we had the most 'fun' we could possibly have - meaning we really wanted to get dirty. And that's exactly what we got. Covered in paint from head to toe, we were soiled, spotted and stained by the end of the race. Thankfully we didn't have to stay that way for long, though, since we all went straight home to wash up. 

And you know, just as a shower cleansed each one of us from the stains of the morning, God has promised to cleanse each one of us from the stains of the sin in our lives (and the guilt that accompanies it)... if we would only confess and believe. David knew that when he wrote, "Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the LORD." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone." And you forgave me? Oh what joy that knowledge must have brought to David - so much that he didn't just say it but exclaimed it!

Wouldn't you like to have that same joy today too? That unbridled happiness that comes from knowing that you are truly forgiven and no longer have to live with regret and shame? Today can be the day that you claim that my friend! Simply do as David did... stop hiding and admit your transgressions that he might forgive you too. You'll be so glad you did. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the grace, love and mercy that you bestow upon even the worst of sinners. Help us to confess any sin that might be keeping us unclean that we might declare with confidence and joy that today, you forgave me! It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Clean - Natalie Grant


Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 4 people, people smiling, outdoor
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing, tree, shoes, grass, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment