Thursday, February 25, 2016

Therefore go!

"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," Matthew 28:18,19


While waiting for the start of the marathon Sunday, I studied the runners around me. Just as I have come to expect, the majority of them were clothed in garb that revealed their greatest accomplishment. From Boston Marathon jackets to 50 States tank tops and IRONMAN visors, their attire revealed something each runner had achieved they deemed worthy of proclamation. I smiled as I knew that I too, sporting my TEAM 413 shirt, was wearing clothing revealing my greatest accomplishment... sharing Christ with others. 

In the Great Commission, Jesus told his disciples, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations". Therefore meaning, because they were under his authority and go meaning to get moving. Do you realize that you and I are under his authority as well and commanded to do the very same thing? Whether we are going next door, to a race, to another town or across the ocean, we are to go using the gifts God has given us as a means to share the Gospel.

You see we all have talents and they can be as different as you and me are. But they are given to serve the same purpose in each one of us... to share Jesus Christ with a lost and lonely world. Are you heeding the call today to "Therefore go"? May reaching that goal be our greatest achievement worthy of proclamation to the world!

Heavenly Father, thank you for the special gifts and talents you have given each and every one of us. Help us to determine what our's is and use it to answer the calling of spreading the Gospel to "all nations" beginning right where we are. Oh Lord, help us to be bold and therefore go! It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org


Send me I'll go - Lecrae

No comments:

Post a Comment