Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Not if but When

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." Isaiah 43:2


Run outside long enough and you will eventually encounter bad weather--it's not a matter of if it will happen but when. Such is what happened on Monday morning when, with three miles to go, the wind started howling. Picking up speed, it blew in sleet so rapidly and forcefully that I could hear it bouncing off my windbreaker. With nothing left to do but pull my hat down and head directly into it, I smiled as I remembered that I was not out there alone. No. God was with me and, as always, would see me back safely.

The bible tells us that we will go through tough times--and that it's not a matter of if but when.."When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up..." But for every when we experience in life, God gives us this promise...I will be with you. He will take us through our times of deep depression and worry. He will accompany us in our seasons of troubles and struggles and He will be there in our moments of hardship and pain. 

It's not a matter of if my friends. The bible is very clear. When we face trials of any kind, He will be there to see us through. Now that should have you smiling! Can I get an amen?

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would promise to be with us through the struggles of this life. Help us to remember that being believers does not make us immune to the consequences of living in a sinful world. We will experience hardships but, help us to do so joyfully as we find peace knowing you are right beside us through it all. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Say Amen - Finding Favour



No comments:

Post a Comment