Wednesday, December 31, 2014

He is there

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:7-10



I used to worry a lot. I used to be afraid to try new things. I used to be scared. I used to be a woman living her life apart from Christ. Praise God I am no longer any of those things. I rarely worry, I'll try anything new, crazy or seemingly impossible that God calls me to and I am not scared of many things besides snakes and spiders. In all these things, God is there. It's knowing that God is with me at all times and wherever I may travel that gives me this peace. Francis Bacon once said that knowledge is power. How true that statement is.

There is nowhere we can go that His Presence will not follow us. As far North as we can travel, He is there. As far South as we can travel, He is there. As far as the East is to the West, his hand is there to guide us. He is there. In fact, v.5 says, "You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me." Not only is He with us wherever we may go, He goes in front of us to guide us and behind us to protect us. Knowing this, is there anything that should make you worry or make you afraid? Joshua 1:9 reminds us, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Isn't it great to have the knowledge that nothing can separate us from the love and protection of Christ? Whatever worry or struggle that you have today, did you know that God already knows it? He knows it and he cares and he will be with you through it. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for your presence in our lives. It is an awesome thing to know that you are with us wherever we go. And it is humbling to realize that you love us enough to be with us when we are at our worst and love us despite our lack of worthiness. Thank you for being such a loving friend and Father to us. We love you and thank you Lord. In your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Psalm 139 - Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment