Monday, September 8, 2014

Like the sands on the shore

"By faith even Sarah herself received ability to conceive, even beyond the proper time of life, since she considered Him faithful who had promised. Therefore there was born even of one man, and him as good as dead at that, as many descendants AS THE STARS OF HEAVEN IN NUMBER, AND INNUMERABLE AS THE SAND WHICH IS BY THE SEASHORE." Hebrews 11:11-1


What a blessing that I was able to spend the weekend in Florida. Not only did I get to run in new places, I got to spend some time at the beach. Coming from the lakes and rivers of the Ozarks, the sandy beaches and the vastness of the ocean and the sky was breathtaking. I am forever in awe of God's creations and, as I walked the beach, I could feel God's presence and I couldn't help but think how vast His blessings are. Genesis 17:1-2 says, "When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”
He promised Abraham that, if he would walk faultlessly with Him and follow His decrees that He would bless him. Not only did God bless him, the bible says that his descendants were as "innumerable as the sand on the seashore." But it required great faith.  You see when God made the promise to grant Abraham and Sarah a child, Abraham was 99 and Sarah was 90. We all know that people can't have children at that age right? It's easy to believe God's promises when logic says it's possible isn't it? But what about when it's says it's impossible?  In fact, the bible tells us that even, "Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure? Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.” Genesis 18:12-14  
Faith reminds us that there is NOTHING "too hard for the Lord". Sarah's situation seemed hopeless to her. Our situations can seem hopeless to us too. We may even find ourselves laughing when we feel God telling us that He is going to bless us or help us out of a trying time. You can be sure that He has the power to do anything, we need only have the faith. God blessed Abraham for His faithfulness and He can and will bless you too if you are willing to follow Him. 
Heavenly Father, thank You for the blessings in our lives. You have surely made the descendants of Abraham as innumerable as the sands on the seashore and given us another reminder of your strength, power and faithfulness. We praise You for all You do. I pray that we would have the faith that moves mountains knowing that You love us and are always with us.  In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.
Happy Running!!!                                                                                                         www.team413.org
Your love oh Lord - Third Day

No comments:

Post a Comment