Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Free to move about the cabin

"but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." Proverbs 1:33


"You're free to move about the cabin". I heard that several times yesterday as I spent most of the day traveling home by plane. At the sound of the pilots voice and instructions, the passengers knew it was now safe to unbuckle their seat belts and move around.  They instinctively trusted the pilot since they knew he was the one flying the plane and in charge of getting them to where they were going. The pilot has a different view than the passengers and knows when we need to remain "buckled in" and when it is safe to leave our seats.

God is our ultimate Pilot. He knows where we need to be, when we need to be there and how to keep us safe along the journey. Just as in choosing a destination to fly though, following God is a choice. We can choose to trust Him, listening to His instructions for our life or we can choose to follow our own path hoping it leads to something or somewhere good. I personally don't think I'm smart enough to plan something that important and I'm certainly not wise enough to choose the right path. None of us are if we are honest. Thankfully, unlike the pilot, who operates only by gauges and what he sees in front of him, God can see everything perfectly- He knows our future, the ultimate plan for our lives and the best path to get there. "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Following Christ is the only way we can be assured to reach our final destination. But it begins with a choice. Will you choose to follow or find your own way? "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:12-13. You hold the ticket...it's your choice.

Heavenly Father,  thank You for loving us so much that You would care to guide us and instruct us as we travel life's path. You have promised to keep us safe from harm if we would only seek you with our whole hearts. I pray that those that don't know You will seek You today and search for the path You would have them follow. In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy Running!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment