Friday, September 19, 2014

Being content - the best place to be

"Give me neither poverty nor wealthfeed me with the food I needOtherwiseI might have too much and deny You, saying, “Who is the LORD? ”or I might have nothing and stealprofaning the name of my God." Proverbs 30:8-9




Ever feel like you can't find the right balance in your life? If you're like me, you're never at a loss for things that need to be done. Let's face it. If we, by some miracle, were able to scratch everything off our "to do" list today, tomorrow would just start it over right? Too much work adds up to no time to run or enjoy our families. Too much family time would leave the bills unpaid and the cupboards empty. Too much money could leave us denying our need for God and too little could have us questioning where God is. The writer of Proverbs 30 was right by saying, "Give me neither poverty or wealth" only "the food I need."

The apostle Paul also talked about balance in our lives when he wrote these words,"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Having or doing too much of anything can be as bad as having or doing too little. Unfortunately, life can change so fast that having too much or too little can depend on the hour or day of the week. As much as we crave balance, life is and will always be inconsistent with it's ups and downs, good times and bad times. The secret to living a balanced life in an unbalanced world is being firmly planted in Christ - the One who is never inconsistent and never changing. You can search for it, work for it, even pray for it but you will never find what you're looking for apart from Him.

Whether you are in need, have more than you need or have been blessed with the perfect balance, rejoice that the Lord knows what we need to live a balanced life. Be content, remembering the words of Paul, "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19. Isn't that great news? Getting what we want could only leave us wanting more. Getting only what we need should have us praising more.

"Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

Heavenly Father, thank You for providing for our needs. And thank You even more for not providing our wants. I pray that we are more satisfied with your presence than your presents. May we be content with just knowing you are with us and never needing more. In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

All I need is You - Hillsong United



No comments:

Post a Comment