Thursday, September 25, 2014

Leave no doubt

"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!" Job 19:25-27


Do you know where you're going when you leave this earth? You can run, eat right and stay in great shape your whole life but, the fact of the matter is, you will die...we will all die. While we are not given the time in which we will go, God does give us this promise for all those that believe, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life." John 5:24. Isn't this a wonderful promise?

There's no greater feeling than knowing where you will spend eternity. What peace that knowledge gives! I wonder though, does your family know where you are going? Does the way you live your life and treat your children show that Christ is in your heart? Will they have doubts after you pass? Yesterday afternoon, my mother was rushed by ambulance to the ER with a possible heart attack (will know more as tests are done). I arrived at her house as the Paramedics were administering first aid and getting her ready to be loaded. As we looked each other in the eye, there was no panic, no fear and no tears. There was just an unspoken affirmation we shared that God had everything under control and no matter what the outcome, she and I would reunite someday in Heaven. As I placed my hand on her shoulder, I thanked God for this woman I call Mom, for giving her to me now and for evermore. And, as I climbed into the ambulance before they took her away, we prayed and let God's peace comfort us both.  

So many things in this life are beyond our control. But, the most important thing we can ever do isn't...giving our lives to Christ. And then showing our friends, family and children the peace and joy He has given us so that they will want to do the same. 1 John 2:5-6 says, "But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. "  Let others see Christ in you so vividly that they have no doubt where you will spend eternal life. The peace in knowing that is the greatest inheritance you can leave you children. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that we will spend eternity with You in Heaven if we only believe and follow You here on earth. I pray that those putting off making the decision to accept you as Lord and Savior of their life would do so today. We don't know what tomorrow will bring or if we will even be granted another day, so there is no time to waste. Lord, lead us to the lost so we may be the light they need to find You. In everything we say and do, let us bring You glory. In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I want to live like that - Sidewalk Prophets

No comments:

Post a Comment