Monday, October 11, 2021

There is nothing to fear

“Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:6-7 NIV


While talking to several of the other runners following the Bass Pro Marathon training group run on Saturday, the conversation inevitably turned to running shoes and when to replace them. “I’m going to need new shoes after this race," one of the girls said to me laughing as she looked down at her current ones. "I think I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving and look for some Black Friday deals though." "I wouldn't do that if I were you," I responded shaking my head. "Shelves are getting very bare and more and more shoes are being listed as being on back-order. If you don't get them now, you may not be able to next month. I've been watching the trend speed up so I wouldn't put it off." "Are you kidding me?" she asked incredulously. And that's when my other friend who was walking with us spoke up, "Unfortunately Melissa's not kidding. There are all kinds of problems with supply chains on everything from food to fitness items right now and there looks to be no relief in sight." 

And you know, while I could sense the fear and apprehension this conversation brought to the group, I was thankful that I didn't share their feelings of trepidation, unease and consternation. In fact, I smiled inside knowing that I could trust the Lord completely to take care of me both now and in the days ahead... days that will get darker. And I have this confidence because the Bible is clear that the righteous, or those who have accepted Christ as Lord, "will never be shaken.” Therefore, they (that’s you and me) have no need to fear bad news since "their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord." That means no matter what happens and no matter how bad things might appear, the righteous can still smile and say, "Thank you for the peace You give me Lord. I know everything will work out according to Your will and for that I will trust You.”

So friend, as we see more and more signs indicating that the end times are approaching, let us keep our eyes on the One who is in complete control. Let us stand firm and remain steadfast, immovable, and courageous—ever abounding in the work of the Lord, so that we will thrive during these times and lead others to do the same by our example. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the simple reminders that You can be trusted. There's nothing we could ever need that You can't provide, no problem we could ever have that You can't solve, and no foe that could ever come against us that You can't conquer. Thank You for your Word that reminds us of this truth. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment