Monday, October 25, 2021

Be persuasive

"Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me all that I ever did.'" John 4:39 ESV


Upon finishing our group run Saturday morning, the conversation turned to the upcoming events many of us have on our racing calendars. "Will you be joining us at the Heroes Marathon in Rolla?" I asked my friend, Leah. Knowing she was trained up and more than capable of running 13.1 miles, I then said “They also have a half distance. You really should join us. We are going to have so much fun!" I didn't give our conversation any more thought until I received a message from Leah Sunday evening, "Hi! Quick question if you see it... I'm looking at the registration for the hero's half in Rolla. Do you know if the shirts are unisex? I'm assuming so, but thought I'd check just in case you knew. I looked for a size chart, but I didn't see one. Thanks!" Laughing to myself, I responded, "Unisex yes. Are you in????" "Yes, I'm in," she wrote and then added, "You're very persuasive..." Having been told that before, I laughed even harder and then replied," Hahahhahaa!!!! Best compliment ever!!!! May our pursuits “persuade” others to jump in the race to the foot of the Cross with us!"

And you know, all joking aside, there is no greater thing that you and I could ever "persuade" someone to do than to make the decision to follow Jesus Christ. And the best way you and I can do that is to simply share our testimonies, or the story of how Jesus changed our lives. Why? Because testimonies have great power. Think about it... Leah was inspired to register for the race based on the positive testimony of my experience that I relayed to her. In the same way, the Bible tells us that "many Samaritans... believed in him because of the woman's testimony." Is that amazing or what? By simply stating the facts, "He told me all that I ever did," people were persuaded to believe in the One the woman at the well boasted of. 

So don't be shy about sharing what the Lord has done for you today my friend. Tell the tale of who you were before Christ and who you are now. Your simple story could very well persuade a lost friend, a family member, or even a complete stranger to believe in Him. Our testimonies are that powerful!

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that our testimonies were not meant to be kept to ourselves. The stories of your goodness, grace, mercy, and love in the lives of believers have the power to persuade even the most reluctant person to seek the One who works all things for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose. Help us to be bold in witnessing Lord. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment