Monday, October 18, 2021

God provides everything we need

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.“ Philippians 4:19 NIV


"This is not good," I thought to myself immediately after receiving the email that the new pair of running shoes I desperately needed for last weekend's ultra would be a day late. "Okay Melissa, don't panic. God knows what you need and will be faithful to provide it." And sure enough He did. After checking two different shoe stores on my way to the race and being told by both that my size and model were on back-order, my buddy, Ed, called me out of the blue. “Jill and I are on our way to the race,” he said. “Do you need anything?” And then, after explaining my predicament, Ed made a few phone calls and then messaged me that my shoes would be arriving at the start line Saturday morning via his friend, Kathy, who just so happened to work at a running store in Tulsa, and just so happened to also be running the race. Do you just love that or what? God is always arranging these “just so happened” moments to give us what we need. 

And you know, when it comes to having what we need to run our spiritual race, the Bible is clear that God was, is, and always will be faithful to provide every thing that is necessary for us to have to make it to the finish line. This is something Paul clearly understood and was confident in when he told the church at Philippi that His God would meet all their needs “according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” And you can be sure that the same God who was faithful in Paul’s day is still faithful today. Those “just so happened” moments prove it over and over. 

So knowing that God can and will provide everything you need to fulfill the calling He has placed on your life, step out in faith and run with all your might my friend. Trust Him to do what He has been faithful to do since the beginning of time and prepare to be amazed! 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us once again that You are faithful to provide everything we need to fulfill the calling of the church. Lord, help us to remember that You have unlimited resources and unlimited power to do this so that we would never doubt the possibility. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment