Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Keep standing firm

“ Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7 NIV




After posting the Bass Pro Fitness Series motivational blog I’m blessed to write each week to social media yesterday, I headed out for a run. “You have so many reasons to smile,” I thought to myself as I smelled the fresh brisk air of the morning and watched the sun begin to rise, all the while thanking God over and over again for not only healing the hamstring pain I had been struggling with for weeks but for giving me the strength and resolve to resist the urge to throw up my hands as I waited for healing and shout, “That’s it Lord. I can’t do this anymore!” And not just for having the determination to press on during this particular time of trial but for the numerous other times of trial He brought to mind during my workout; times, He reminded me, when giving up would have caused me to forego the plans He had for my life. Think about it... if I had given up at any point along the way, I would have missed out on the blessings submitting to His plan would have reaped. I wouldn’t be writing the Bass Pro blog and I certainly wouldn’t be writing this one!

And you know, one thing I have come to realize as I grow in my Christian walk is this... the more determined I am to follow God's plan for my life, the more the enemy will come against me in an attempt to thwart that plan. In fact, the devil will do whatever it takes to get every believer to back down from their mission and calling to share the Good News with others. Thankfully though, the Bible tells us that when you and I “resist the devil... he will flee.” And we "resist" or take action in opposition to the enemy when we refuse to back down from our duty assignment and stand firm, remaining unaltered and unaffected, in our conviction to serve Christ, even to the point of death.  

So if an intense, overwhelming, or ongoing trial or series of trials has you ready to throw up your arms today and say, "I quit Lord! I just can’t do this anymore,” resist the urge to back down my friend. Dig your heels in deep and make the decision to press on to the finish line instead. It won't be easy, that's for sure. But I can promise you that it will be worth it! 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the Word that gives us everything we need to fight against the enemy that wants to shut us up and take us out. Give us the strength and resolve to stand firm during every attack Lord that the plans You have for us would remain unthwarted. Lord, please give each one of Your followers an unquenchable urge to know You and to make Your great name known. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment