Sunday, January 24, 2021

Remember His blessings

"I remember the days of old. I ponder all your great works and think about what you have done." Psalm 143:5 NLT


"Ran 20 miles with friends after the FFG Donut Run. Hamstring felt great-not much soreness in the tendon. God blessed us with a beautiful crisp winter day and I got in a much-needed nap later that afternoon..." Those were just some of the words I wrote in my gratitude journal this past Saturday evening. I was so happy to have found the journal the day before that I vowed to resume writing down all the things I had to be thankful for; a vow that was inspired by reading through the pages I had filled up in 2019. "Why did I stop doing this?" I wondered as I smiled at the memories the book incited. Memories like the one I read from February 07, 2019, "Pool workout. Had to draw all strength from God. The darkness is wearing me down. Sun hasn't been out in days and workouts are all in the dark. Very cold again but God makes it bearable." And then the next day, I wrote these words, "The sun came out! Cold. Windchill bearable but worth it. Zechariah 4 revealed a lot in Bible Study." Is God good or what? Remembering that surely has the power to strengthen our resolve to press on doesn't it? 

And you know, as things continue to rapidly change in our country and the nation moves further and further away from following the Truths found in the Bible, it’s certainly easy for a believer to be experiencing a bit of hopelessness or even depression right now. But, like David who was no stranger to persecution and tough times knew, remembering the "days of old" and pondering and thinking about the "great works" and all that God has done has the power to refresh our hearts, renew our courage, and strengthen our resolve to follow the Lord. Why? Because these memories remind us that our God is a faithful God, that He is the almighty, all-powerful and sovereign God and that He works all things—that means the good, the bad, and the downright ugly—for our good and for His glory. 

So make it a point to call to mind the many good things God has done in your life and the numerous ways He has proven Himself trustworthy, loyal and steadfast to you today and every day my friend. You're certain to find that doing so will most definitely put a smile on your face and joy in your heart. 

Heavenly Father, thank You so much for reminding us that You can be trusted. Lord, as our nation slips into an unprecedented moral decline where evil is being called good and good is being called evil, remind us that You are walking with us, that we are never alone and that You are faithful to all those who have placed their trust in You. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!! 

Never Once - Matt Redman


No comments:

Post a Comment