Sunday, January 17, 2021

You are of utmost value

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7 ESV



"It's about time!" I thought to myself as I excitedly reached into my closet for the new jacket I had bought a few months ago that still had the price tags on it. With a bit of a wind chill early yesterday morning, it was finally cold enough for me to wear this ridiculously expensive running coat I had purchased for an occasion just like this; expensive if I had paid full price that is. But I didn't pay the full asking price of $250, not even close to it. I smiled as I ripped off the original tag and then looked down at the marked down tag before ripping it off as well... $34.99. Is that a bargain or what? Which caused me to have this thought. "Who determined that the jacket's value was less than the one the maker of the item originally put on it?" I mean it was still the same high-quality piece of clothing that was manufactured—something the devalued price could never change no matter how much it got marked down. 

And you know, when it comes to the value of a person, the Bible is very clear that you and I are of utmost worth to the Lord. In fact, Jesus described God's love for us like this..."Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows." And yet as much as we are valued by God, the world continually attempts to discount our worth based on how we look, how old we are, what we may or may not believe, or even by our past or present sins. But guess what? The world can never mark down, deduct, decrease, reduce or diminish the immeasurable value our Maker places on us.

So if you're feeling less than worthy of love today my friend, consider this... What the rest of the world thinks about you doesn't matter in comparison to what God thinks about you. And He thinks you are "of more value than many sparrows." Does that make you smile or what? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the timely reminder that we are loved, cherished and valued by You. When we feel anything less than that, please remind us that we are Your children and so loved that Jesus died for us while we were still sinners. Cause us to always look to You for our worth and not the world for You value us beyond anything we could ever comprehend. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment