Thursday, March 19, 2020

Sing to the Lord

"Oh sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth!" Psalm 96:1 ESV

Image result for person singing to lord pic

"I heard you singing as you ran by early this morning," the clerk at our local hardware store said as my fellow co-worker and I stepped up to the counter to pay for what we were afraid might be the last bottle of antibacterial cleaner in our county. "Wow! I must have been singing louder than I thought," I said laughing. "Well..... we could definitely hear you," she replied with a grin on her face and an exaggerated eye roll. "I'm just glad I could make you smile," came my reply. “In light of the craziness and sadness of the coronavirus, there are still lots of reasons to smile and sing." 

And you know what? It's true. Our God has given us lots of reasons to smile and sing his praise--especially for the peace that surpasses all understanding. I mean, as you and I look around at the chaos and confusion in the world, we have every reason to be afraid right? But we aren't! On the contrary. Those people who have placed their trust in Jesus Christ are not only experiencing a calmness and tranquility that is beyond all comprehension but are completely content in the knowledge that God is in control and working all things out for our good and for His glory. 

So sing to the Lord the praises He is due my friend. But don't stop there! Declare his marvelous deeds among the people as well, that the lost might come to know Him and be saved. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the many things You have given us. Thank You for peace in the midst of turbulence and the hope we have knowing You can be trusted. Give us hearts that sing Your praises Lord, lips that proclaim your wonderful works and feet that send us out into the missions field. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment