Wednesday, February 5, 2020

When plans do not go as planned

'"I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted." Job 42:2 NIV



Yesterday morning EveningStandard announced that famed Olympic runner Mo Farah would not be running the Vitality Big Half next month as he had planned. It seems this Londoner, who had hoped to get his 2020 ambitions under way, will be sitting this race out due to an unforeseen Achilles complaint. “ I was really looking forward to racing the Vitality Big Half again," said Farah. "Everyone knows how much I love racing in London but my priority is to be fit, healthy and competitive for the summer season and, for that reason, I have had to make the tough decision not to race this year. I definitely hope to be back again in 2021."

And you know, the funny thing about making plans is you and I can make all of them we want but we really aren't in control of any of them. Consider Job. Here was a man who seemingly had it all - a nice home, a loving family, and a promising future - and no doubt planned on continuing on in this nice peaceful life as a father, husband and friend until the day he went home to be with his Creator. But as Scripture tells us, Job’s plans were abruptly and completely changed in an instant when everything he had was taken. But through it all, Job said, "I know you can do all things,” acknowledging that God could change his situation at any time but would allow His purpose to be unthwarted, or fulfilled, instead - a purpose that Job trusted would ultimately be for his good and for God's glory.

Perhaps your life isn't going as planned right now? Maybe it's even been turned completely upside down? If that’s you today my friend, remember this... life happens. Plans change. But God is always there working all things for your good and for His glory. Trust Him.

Heavenly Father, we thank You for being a God who can be trusted. You have proven over and over again that all things work for the good of those who love You and have chosen to take up their cross to follow You. Through every change of plans, cause us to remember this that we would look to You and say,”Lord I may not understand my situation right now but I will trust You.” It’s in Your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!


Trust in You - Lauren Daigle





No comments:

Post a Comment