Sunday, February 9, 2020

Heaven is a real place

"In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?" John 14:2 ESV

Image result for heaven pic

On February 3, two teens were killed and four others injured when they were struck by a car while on a practice run as part of the Cross Country team at Moore High School in Moore, Oklahoma. Rachel Freeman, a high school senior, died at the scene while the other student died at the hospital. Opening up about the day that changed so many lives forever, Rachel's mother, Jody, told reporters that she was in the car with her son when she heard the sirens and raced to the scene. When she arrived, she said she didn't need to be told what happened. "One of Rachel's coaches gave me a hug, and I could tell by the look on their faces," Jody said, "I knew that my daughter was in Heaven."

And you know, as a parent myself, I can't imagine anything more tragic than losing a child. Except losing a child without having the comfort of knowing my child was in Heaven - a place that is without a doubt real where you and I will be reunited with our loved ones. And we can be confident of this because Jesus told us so when He said, "In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?" Did you get that my friend? Jesus, Himself, is preparing a real place for you, for me and for every other person that has placed their trust in Him as Lord and Savior. 

So I ask you this today... if you were to die at this very moment, do you know where you would spend eternity? Do you know where your children would spend eternity? If not, I earnestly hope you will place your trust in the One who longs to prepare a place for you and that you would urge your children to do the same. It's only then that you can have perfect peace in the midst of any tragedy.. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that You are preparing a place for every believer in Heaven. Help us to understand how fleeting and uncertain life is Lord that we would not waste any opportunity to tell others about Heaven that they might also spend eternity with You. It's in Your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment