Monday, February 17, 2020

We must be sold out

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7 CEV



“After trying to fight off the stomach flu last week, I never quite shook it. Long story short -- not being able to stay fueled or hydrated doesn't get you far in the ultrarunning world... I decided to settle with a heavy 50 miler and claim my prize buckle...” These were the words written by my dear friend, Melissa Bland, after her attempt to complete the Outlaw 135 trail run on Saturday. And you know what? Regardless of what she thinks, that girl didn’t settle for anything!! She fought hard. She gave it all she had. And she left nothing out there on the course! I mean think about it... most people would not have even shown up at the start line much less attempted such a feat under those circumstances. 

And you know what? This spirit of bold and brave tenacity Melissa showed to start and finish the race is the same spirit you and I need to live the Christian life as we are called to do - to “fight the good fight”, living completely sold-out for the cause of Christ and unwilling to settle for anything less than giving Him our all in the midst of every seemingly impossible and unconquerable circumstance. Which is the exact reason Paul urged Timothy to never give up and to keep fighting with all he had in the same way Paul had, hopeful that on the day Timothy breathed his last breath he too could be confident in declaring, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”

So how are you doing in your walk of faith my friend? Are you completely set apart and sold-out for Jesus Christ? Are you fighting the good fight? I sure hope so. Because it’s only when you are that you can be confident that you will one day hear the words every believer should long to hear, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.” 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that the Christian race of life will not be easy for the person who strives to follow you with all their might. Give us the strength to fight hard and the wisdom and power to overcome every obstacle in our path in our pursuit to the finish line. It’s in Your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment