Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Never stop praying

"Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.'" Matthew 19:26 NLT


Image result for person praying pic
Upon opening the last Christmas present yesterday, I watched the family settle in to play with their new gifts before heading out the door to squeeze in a run. Oddly enough, I felt prompted to take a different route than I had planned and I soon found out why. As I rounded the corner on this newly arranged course, there he was. My estranged brother who I hadn't seen or spoken to in a long time. Upon seeing me approach, he smiled and said, "Merry Christmas." To which I replied, "Merry Christmas Jason. I love you." And as I ran over to hug him, he accepted the embrace as I prayed, "Oh Lord, please let today be the day he accepts You into his heart." 

And I'd love to tell you that this divine appointment led to an instant conversion but it wouldn't be true. What is true though is that I will never stop praying for it. You see, I know from a human standpoint that there are many people, like my brother, who appear too lost to ever change. These people may be filled with hatred, lost in addiction or worldliness, full of pride, or even angry at God. But the Word is clear that "with God everything is possible." And if He can arrange divine meetings such as this, He can surely replace my brother's heart of stone with a heart of flesh

Perhaps you also have a loved one that is in need of redemption today? Don't give up praying for them my friend. It may take 10 years, 20 years or even 30 years for our prayers to be answered but one thing is certain. If you and I give up too soon, that person might never come to know Christ as their Savior and that would be a tragedy of eternal consequence.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder today that You absolutely hear our prayers. Oh Lord, help us to continue praying despite how impossible the situation may seem knowing that our time is not Your time and that You desire for everyone to accept Jesus into their hearts. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I'll keep praying - Heaven's Mountain Band

No comments:

Post a Comment