Sunday, December 16, 2018

It gets better

"But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control." Philippians 3:20,21


Image result for runner looking at rain pic
Rising well before sunrise to tackle a few errands in anticipation of meeting some friends for a mid-morning group run Saturday, I looked outside only to be disappointed. It was cold, dark and raining and I briefly thought to myself, "If this is as good as the day is going to get, I might as well go back to bed." But I didn't, and was I ever glad. By the time I joined my running buddies hours later on the trail, the rain had slowed to a slight drizzle, the mercury had risen a few degrees, and the sun was peeking out through the clouds. "Thank you Lord," I thought. "This is going to be a great day."

And you know, we live in a world that, because of sin, can be cold and dark too. A world where we might be tempted at times to just give up and go back to bed. But the Bible tells us that there are much brighter days ahead. You see, you and I are only passing through this world. We are actually "citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives." And one day, you and I will be reunited with Him and our weak mortal bodies will be exchanged for "glorious bodies like his own." 

So keep pressing on my friend and remember that, although this is not our home, we have work to do while we are here. And that work is telling others about the best news ever... the Good News of the Gospel that they too might one day be "citizens of heaven."

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that there will be days when we really won't feel like getting out of bed, much less being the witness You have called us to be. On those days Lord, please remind us that our time here is short and there are people who need to hear the Good News that we might not waste the precious days we have. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Best news ever - MercyMe

No comments:

Post a Comment