Monday, December 31, 2018

Blessings in disguise

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.'" John 16:33 NLT


Image result for runner in rain pic
Running in the cold rain was not the way I wanted to end 2018. But if I wanted to get in any type of workout at all, it would have to be done right then before my family woke up and prepared to make the long drive home from our weekend getaway. "Oh well," I thought to myself as I got dressed, "This might just be a blessing in disguise. My hat could use a good wash and my shoes are a bit dirty too." So out the hotel door I went only to return over an hour later dripping wet, with a smile on my face and a very clean hat. 

And you know, if we're honest, we would all admit to having experienced our share of setbacks, sadness and situations that didn't turn out the way we had planned over the last year. And while you and I certainly can't change the fact that we will experience "many trials and sorrows" in the coming year, we can change the way we look at them. You see, when you and I realize that challenges are the very thing God uses to teach us, test us, and sometimes even redirect us, we can choose to see these hardships as opportunities to grow stronger. 

So if a blessing in disguise is defined as something that seems bad or unlucky at first but results in something good happening later, may we, knowing that God works all things out for the good of those who love Him, choose to see trials and sorrows in a different way. May we choose to see them as blessings in disguise. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that we will experience many trials and sorrows in this world.  And while viewing problems as blessings in disguise is hard to do while we are going through them, help us to trust that You are always in control that we might have peace. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Stronger - Mandisa

No comments:

Post a Comment